Sunday, August 8, 2010

Adaptation is Evolution

As with any expedition, one must adapt to whatever situations arrive. To that extent, my trip has evolved in many ways.

Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful at paddling the entire Pacific Baja peninsula. Too much gear, big surf and other factors lead me to try the Cortez side. Literally out of the frying pan and into the fire. The surf won't kill me, but the heat certainly will.

So, while this certainly isn't the expedition I originally planned, it's still quite a trip. I'm moving by vehicles to choice spots in Baja to concentrate more on fishing than paddling.

Tons of large Calicos this morning at Asuncion, but water temp is 58, so the game I'm after isn't here. Heading south. Next stop: Abreojos.

Saluté

2 comments:

  1. lets see 5days since last spot check in 10 days since last entry in blog u suck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baja isn't known for Internet access on their beaches. Their priority is fresh water.

    ReplyDelete

/*Google Analytics info */